[Radiance-general] genBSDF: Errors encountered

Alireza Hashemloo alireh at uw.edu
Sun Feb 7 15:45:18 PST 2016

Hello,

I have two questions about two errors I have encountered using genBSDF on
Windows:

Following the Example-1 in the genBSDF Tutorial (
http://www.radiance-online.org/learning/tutorials/Tutorial-genBSDF_v1.0.1.pdf),
I have encountered the following error messages:

Windows 7 (64-bit)
Radiance 5

Command: "genBSDF +f +b -c 500 -geom inch -dim 199 201 1.5 2.5 -0.939693 0
D:/tutorialBSDF/blinds.rad > D:/tutorialBSDF/blinds.xml"

Error: "wrapBSDF: only one XML input allowed
          Usage: wrapBSDF [-W][-c][-a {kf|kh|kq|t3|t4}][-u unit][-g
geom][-f 'x=string;y=string'] [-s spectr][-tb inp][-tf inp][-rb inp][-rf
inp][-C comm] [input.xml]
          Could not wrap BSDF data"

Content of the blinds.rad file passed to genBSDF:

### blinds.rad
void plastic white
0
0
5 0.7 0.7 0.7 0 0
!genblinds white blinds 1 400 4 4 20 | xform -rz -90 -rx -90 -t 0 0
-0.939693

2- as shown in the command  in questions 1, I have to provide the absolute
path of the .rad file that is passed to genBSDF as well as the absolute
path of the .xml file where the consequent BSDF data should be saved as.
Otherwise, if I provide the relative path based on my current working
directory (passing the relative path as "blinds.rad" and "blinds.xml"), I
encounter a  "Segmentation fault". This is despite the fact that my working
directory is already set to the directory where the blinds.rad file is
saved in and the blinds.xml file should be saved to.

Command: "genBSDF +f +b -c 500 -geom inch -dim 199 201 1.5 2.5 -0.939693 0
blinds.rad > blinds.xml"

Error: "Segmentation fault"

In addition, I was wondering if there are any solutions to visualize a
Tensor-tree BSDF data file produced by genBSDF on Windows?

Regards,

Alireza