[Radiance-general] Definition for the window material in the three-phase method

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 08:40:28 PDT 2016

Hi Humberto,

Your question is a treacherous one to answer, because you have not told us your whole workflow.  Normally, you would perform three steps (or phases) in a 3-phase calculation.  One would involve interior flux transfer, where you would have a window material such as the one you defined as your receiver modifier in rcontrib or rfluxmtx.  Another phase would compute the exterior using this same description as a source for rfluxmtx or passed to genklemsamp with rcontrib.  This would end up being multiple runs if you have different window elevations.  The final phase would involve multiple runs of dctimestep fed by genskyvec or an entire year fed by gendaymtx, where you multiply these runs by the number of different XML files you have for your window system.  In the end, you would use your own custom calculation to decide which window condition fit with each time point, and I can't really help you with that part.

Best,
-Greg