[Radiance-general] Irradiation on standing subject with Radiance

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 08:23:04 PDT 2015

Hi Ruggiero,

Is the standing subject inside a complex space?  Do you need this for an annual simulation?

If the answer to either of these questions is "no," then you can simplify the problem a bit.  If the answers are both "yes," then your third option of a daylight coefficient calculation will be the most efficient.  You basically want to compute random positions on the cylinder with the surface normal facing outwards, and give these to rcontrib to compute an integrated daylight coefficient for sky patches (and ground).

If you confirm that this is what you need, I can help you with the appropriate command chain if you like.

Cheers,
-Greg