[Radiance-general] Trans Rendering Issue

Richard Mistrick RGMARC at engr.psu.edu
Thu Sep 17 20:34:20 PDT 2015

Garry,

I think this is its standard mode of operation.  Rendering illuminance really only makes sense in a pseudocolor type image (or perhaps one that is contoured).  A black and white surface that are side by side would have the same illuminance, so they would be rendered the same.  Determining the illuminance onto the emitting side of a trans surface doesn't really have much meaning (and I believe it is non-reflective), so the material is not shown (see the -i option on the rpict manpage).

For accurate visualization, luminance renderings should be selected (which is what our eye or a camera sees).

Rick