[Radiance-general] Danaplon glazing - Glass or Trans?

Terrance McMinn t.mcminn at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 20 23:27:40 PDT 2015

What would the best way be to model Danaplon translucent material
(http://www.danpalon.com)

For example the 4mm
(http://www.danpalon.com/eng/home/portfolio/03/default.asp?ContentID=111):

Walls - *1*

Thermal insulation factor - *5.36* W/m2°C
Moment of Inertia with U Connector - *7.4x10^5 * mm^4 /m
Minimum cold bending radius - *2.9* meter
Panel width - 592mm
Module width (with spacer) - 600mm
Optical properties:

Clear

Ice

Opal

Bronze

Blue

Green

Grey

Reflective

Visible Light
Transmission

89%

55%

40%

38%

64%

75%

41%

20%

Solar Heat
Gain Coefficient

0.81

0.61

0.48

0.50

0.75

0.72

0.58

0.28

My attempts:
#
# Translucent Sheeting Danpalon_Sheeting_Opal_4mm
#
void trans Danpalon_Sheeting_Opal_4mm
0
0
7   0.4   0.4   0.4   0   0.02   1   0

#
# Danpalon_Sheeting_Opal 40% light transmittance
#
void glass Translucent_Glass_Danpalon_Sheeting_Opal_4mm
0
0
3   0.43621868   0.43621868   0.43621868

I would assume that the thicker products (more walls) should not be
modelled as glass but maybe via the optics program, though I have no
idea how/what to feed that program.

Unfortunately the manufacturer has very little technical information
available.
--
Regards
*Terrance McMinn*