[Radiance-general] inquiry on the possibility of colored LED light simulation in Radiance

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 21:38:08 PST 2015

Well, the general approach to measuring reflectance is to shine a light of the appropriate spectrum on the surface and determine what fraction reflects back.  This is typically accomplished with an integrating sphere if your surface is Lambertian or approximately so.

If you have full spectral reflectance data, you can multiply these measurements against the spectral emission of your different LED illuminants to get the appropriate channel responses.

I hope this helps.
-Greg