[Radiance-general] gensky_-B option

urtza.uriarte at upc.edu urtza.uriarte at upc.edu
Thu Nov 26 00:30:38 PST 2015

Dear experts,

I am testing glare at restaurants of Barcelona for my thesis. I am using
Evalglare v 1.11 with real illuminance (-I Ev) data for photographs
converted to hdr by WebHDR and for visualizations got by Radiance.
Furthermore, I am testing glare by DIVA. I have tested with both, Evalglare
and DIVA’s Evalglare with Clear Sky without Illuminance data and with
illuminance data.

# gensky 7 22 11 +s -a 41 -o -2 -m -15

# gensky 7 22 11 +s -a 41 -o -2 -m -15 -B 458.100

I have taken photograph’s Daylight Glare Probability index with real
illuminance data as reference. Therefore, without Ev data, DGP’s with
Clear Sky without illuminance data is more similar than Sky with
illuminance data (-B):

dgp photographs= 71%
dgp DIVA Sky without illuminance data= 63%
dgp DIVA Sky with illuminance data (-B)= 100%
dgp (just Radiance-Evalglare) Clear Sky without illuminance data= 62%
dgp (just Radiance-Evalglare) Clear Sky with illuminance data (-B)= 100%

My illuminance data has both, direct and diffuse irradiance. Could someone
confirm if –B parameter is only for diffuse radiance? I think, that is
explained in the program specifications.
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Urtza.