[Radiance-general] inquiry on the possibility of colored LED light simulation in Radiance

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 08:52:44 PST 2015

Hi Alex,

The RGB channels can represent any spectral content, so if you have 3 (or fewer) illuminant spectra, and can characterize the reflectances of materials in each of these spectra, probably through measurement, then you can get accurate results from Radiance.  If you have more than 3 spectra you want to try, you can perform sequential runs accordingly.  It's a bit tedious, but people have done it.

Cheers,
-Greg