[Radiance-general] using transdata for roller shade simulation

Atzeri Anna Maria (Student NaTec SusEn12) AnnaMaria.Atzeri at natec.unibz.it
Thu May 7 12:54:12 PDT 2015

Hi all,
I'm a pretty new in Radiance use and I'm thinking about the possibility to use transdata in order to simulate a roller shade.
Looking into the mailing list, I found some post in which has been suggested to use the trans material to simulate roller shades, but doing so I would lose the directionality properties of the real material.
If I'm not wrong with transdata I should be able to change the A6 parameter, through a .dat file, according to the different values of beam-beam transmittance at different incidence angles.
I know that it's not possible to do the same thing with the beam-diffuse component, so I would have thought to express Td, diffuse transmissivity, as the sum of diffuse-diffuse plus beam-diffuse transmittance, the latter calculated as an average on the incidence angles.

Does it make sense for you?

Best regards,

Anna