[Radiance-general] Weighting factors used in the irradiance calculation

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 10:15:36 PDT 2015

Hi Parisa,

If you are only comparing one set of C-lambda values to another, then the scaling does not matter.  If, on the other hand, the RGB coefficients from David & Arne's paper were somehow computed to correlate with other aspects of irradiance, such as photopic adaptation, then you probably should use them as given.  I guess I need to read their paper....

A full spectral calculation probably is not needed in this case, but it would help to have a good estimate of the sky color either way.  You should check out Mark Stock's implementation of the Utah sky model using Radiance:

	http://markjstock.org/radiance

Best,
-Greg