[Radiance-general] su2rad - assign material to layer

Giuseppe De Michele giudm.87 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 02:20:59 PDT 2015

Dear expert,

I am trying to export 'by layer' and assign to each layer its material with
su2rad_v1.0. I have understood that there is a bug in the code and I tried
to follow the procedure in this discussion
http://radiance-general.radiance-online.narkive.com/kKC0HCmV/su2rad-rb-update-of-the-sketchup-to-radiance-converter
but without success.

This is what I have done:

- Add my materials in the materials.rad file in the su2rad folder of
Sketchup’s plugins

- Name the layer in Sketchup with the identifier of the material

Something changed in the “su2rad export window”, since the layer/material
are displayed no more yellowish-brown but blue.  However, the materials.rad
file exported contains again the “default_material” for each material.

Any advice? Thank you in advance.

Best,

Giuseppe