[Radiance-general] Three-Phase Method _ Sky Vector - Daylight Matrix

urtza.uriarte at upc.edu urtza.uriarte at upc.edu
Fri Jul 3 02:44:08 PDT 2015

Dear experts,

I am trying to learn three-Phase Method for Simulating Complex
Fenestration.

I have two questions of Sky Vector and Klems divisions of Daylight Matrix:

1) Sky Vector:
I am trying with Overcast Sky. I have done as following for Windows (I have
Ubuntu 14 now, but, I am checking the first steps done by Windows):

gensky 12 21 15 -c -B 0.55866 | perl c:/radiance/bin/genskyvec.pl -m 4 -c 1
1 1 > review/skies/12_21_15.skv

(I do not know if is good) So, I am sure that for each time during the year
it generates the same Sky Vector. However, I think that the "genskyvec"
calculation divided the sky in different parts in contrast with "gensky"
command that generate void brightfunc material. Therefore, the skyvector
does launch different values for each sky division? If I rotated my model I
get different illuminance date for only Sky Vector variable?

2) Klems divisions of Daylight Matrix:
When there is a definition of "kbin(Nx,Ny,Nz,Ux,Uy,Uz)", is it because for
each orientation there are some different values? I suppose that for each
orientation it uses the same divisions.

Excuse me, but, I am trying with a rotated model and I want to ensure that
I understand well the method. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you in
advance.
Your faithfully,
Urtza.