[Radiance-general] how to 1) simulate reflected solar radiation and 2) longwave radiation from heated surface

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 20:51:34 PST 2015

Hi David,

While it may be possible to do something like this through careful scene design & trickery, Radiance is not geared towards long-wave IR calculations and under normal conditions, reflectors cannot also serve as emitting surfaces.  It is also tricky to separate components, such as distinguishing what came from building surfaces from the sky component.  Again, there are ways to accomplish it, but it's an advanced task and there would definitely be some debugging involved.

Cheers,
-Greg