[Radiance-general] calculating CRI and CCT

Christian Humann chris at christianhumann.com
Mon Feb 23 10:52:34 PST 2015

Dear all,

Has anyone had the need and therefore figured out how to calculate CRI at a specific point within a daylit scene using Radiance?  Specifically I'm thinking of John Mardaljevic's paper on electrochromic glass where he used a spectrometer to get CRI of different combinations of glass tint.

I was thinking of using different HDR sky capture photos within gendaylit to simulate different sky conditions, and therefore was wondering also if there is a way to calculate CCT and SPD of these sky images with and without sun.

I'm in the early stages of scratching my head around all this, and as such may be barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks.

Chris