[Radiance-general] Gensky question

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Aug 17 02:38:56 PDT 2015

Hi Jiajie,

gensky calculates the radiance based on the "old" CIE standard skies. It
sets all channels RGB to identical values (7.07e006 in your case). In
many cases, simulations aim at results over all three channels, which is
why most models do not focus on the prediction of color / spectrum. If
you really need that, there are sky models aiming at color information,
e.g. the Utah model.  Mark Stock shared his cal-file to support that
model in Radiance:

http://markjstock.org/radiance/

However be aware that we usually rely on information that was measured
with sensors not resolving over color channels, so there are a lot of
assumptions to generate such colorful sky descriptions.

Cheers, Lars.