[Radiance-general] Frit Glass trans Paramters

Aditya Potipireddi aditect at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 17:00:45 PDT 2015

Andy/Jack,

Thank for providing great resource. I am tying to follow to the process
outlined and have couple of more questions:

1) Since I am using radiance using DIVA for Rhino( Windows operating
system), it creates a Radiance folder with in the DIVA folder. I navigated
to the radiance folder via command prompt window and tried to call for "
glaze" it gave error as glaze is not recognized. I have even installed the
Radiance versions 4.3.a.2 for win32.exe that I downloaded form NREL
radiance releases. Is there a command error ?

2) The "lib" folder under both Radiance folders has only glaze.1cal( single
pane fritted) and glaze2.cal(double pane fritted) files , there is no
"glaze" file are these the same as glaze file?

2) does the example work flow example in the website use unix or cygwin, if
so do i need to install cygwin? and is there specific version of radiance
that i need to install ?

4) can I not execute glaze and optics2glazedb via windows?

3) Should the "optics2glazedb" file put in a specific location and where
does the generated database get written to. Also, what is the file
extension for optics2glazedb ?

Appreciate your help and input.

Regards,

Aditya