[Radiance-general] [help] steps on daylight coefficient based climate-based daylight metrics calculation

J. Alstan Jakubiec alstan at jakubiec.net
Sat Nov 22 00:36:19 PST 2014

Hi David,

I am copying this email to the Radiance-Daysim list as well. There are two
more streamlined ways to go about this right now: using Daysim or using
the Radiance three or five-phase methods.

For using Daysim, there is a lot of information I can provide:
- Tutorial from NRCAN:
http://archive.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/obj/irc/doc/daysim-tutorial (slightly
updated by Harvard)
- Daysim Documentation page: http://daysim.ning.com/
- A presentation I gave in 2012 on Daysim:
http://www.radiance-online.org/community/workshops/2012-copenhagen/Day1/Jakubiec/jakubiec,reinhart_radiance-workshop-presentation_daysim.pdf

If you are using DIVA on Windows, there are Daysim batch files you can
open from the c:\DIVA\Temp\RhinoFileName\ folder after running a
simulation in order to see how the programs are called.

For the 3/5-phase methods, I am no expert, but a good place to start is
here,
http://www.radiance-online.org/learning/tutorials/fivephasetutorialfiles/Tutorial-FivePhaseMethod_v2.pdf
Others on the mailing list are highly expert in this.

Best,
Alstan