[Radiance-general] HDR Sky Camera @ LBNL's Flexlab

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 01:56:06 PDT 2014

I think that a reasonable approach is to use the global illuminance reading to determine the direct + indirect integrated total, then compare this to the integration of the HDR sky dome recording.  You can then add in a solar source whose solid angle is enlarged to cover the "clipped" pixels in the HDR image, adjusting its radiance such that the new total:

	integrated_masked_HDR + solar_source*adj_solid_angle*cos_theta = measured_illuminance

The larger sun that includes circumsolar will lead to slightly enlarged penumbras in some cases, but it's a reasonable compromise.  I'm sure a script could be made to automate the above process without too much effort.

Cheers,
-Greg