[Radiance-general] genklemsamp.pl error on Windows

Patrick Drewello patrick at adaptive.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 17:52:11 PDT 2014

Mostapha Sadeghipour <sadeghipour at ...> writes:

> Hi Axel,
> Thanks for  your help.
>
> It does change the folder to Windows temp folder:
C:\Users\%usename%\AppData\Local\Temp\(randomName) in my case, but it
doesn't create it.

> I added one line to create the folder so it does it now but the problem
with executing Xform is still there (system "xform -m void  <at> ARGV |
oconv - > $td/surf.oct";)

Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:Mostapha,
please:http://www.jaloxa.eu/pickup/genklemsamp-aj01.pl
> I've made some small changes to the tempdir code.
>
> I tried to solve the proble by adding "my $tmploc;" outside the block but
> it then is giving me a similar error to what I had yesterday. I also tried
> to change the location to c:\\temp to make sure it is not a permission
> issue:
> if ($windoz) {
>      my $tmploc;
>      if (exists $ENV{'TMP'}) {
>          my $tmploc = $ENV{'TMP'};
>      } else {
>          my $tmploc = "C:\\Temp";
>      }
>      chomp($tmploc);
>

> Regards
> Axel

I seem to be having similar trouble - I assume this hasn't been resolved as
I'm using Radiance 4.2.a.4 from 17 April 2014?

I've tried a couple of workarounds, using "run as administrator" on the
cmd.exe, Perl.exe, a shortcut.lnk for genklemsamp, and genklemsamp.pl
itself. None seemed to work.

genklemsamp.pl -vp 50 0 25 -vh 80 -vv 40 -vd 0 -1 0 > samplerays_1.dat

The above in DOS cmd, creates the file samplerays_1.dat but it contains 0KB.

Any suggestions or developments on solving this?
Thanks for any help,

Best,
Patrick