[Radiance-general] su2rad update for SketchUp 2014

María Beatriz Piderit mpiderit at ubiobio.cl
Tue Jun 10 07:50:06 PDT 2014

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for the information provided in your website, it has been very helpful.I am attempting to run Radiance simulation via Sketch Up 8 pro (instead of doing it through Ecotect). I installed the Sketch Up to Radiance plugin (su2rad_1.0.alpha version), and there are some doubts about the exporting process I wish to ask if you can help me with. First I’d like to ask, how would you recommend exporting the files to radiance in order to achieve the best results (by colour, by layer or by group)?. Related to that, I wish to ask if there’s a way to obtain a single file that contents all the geometry in it, because so far I have found the best way is to export by layers but it creates multiple files that content the geometry (basically one file per layer) in the objects folder.

Also, I’m struggling to find a way to create the analysis grid in Sketch Up (or within the plugin) in order to obtain a grid. pts file, so if you know how to do that it would be extremely helpful.

Finally, if there were any guidelines that you could provide of how to optimize the results, whether it is related to the model building or the exporting process, it would be much appreciated.

 Thank you for your time.

Beatriz

Arquitecta UBB, MA, PhD UC Louvain

Departamento Diseño y Teoría de la Arquitectura
Universidad del Bio-Bio Concepción, Chile