[Radiance-general] su2rad update for SketchUp 2014

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 21:26:54 PDT 2014

Hello everyone.

I have just updated my plugin su2rad to fix a problem that was introduced
by SketchUp 2014 that was released earlier this year.

This is a just quick fix to solve the compatibility issue and also packages
the plugin as a SketchUp extension. The extension can be managed via the
extension manager built into the SketchUp preferences dialog so you don't
need to dig for the SketchUp "Plugins" directory to install the plugin.
Beginning with SketchUp 2014 plugins are installed into the user's personal
home directory and so the installation of the extension does not require
administrative rights on the PC any more.

Unfortunately Google has discontinued the download feature for Google Code
projects so I am hosting the new plugin temporarily on my Dropbox account
until I can move the whole project over to github. The temporary download
location is

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pewocv4df0i2i05/su2rad_2014.0.0.rbz

I have done some testing on SketchUp 8 and 2014 both on Windows 7 and OS X
10.7.5. I only tested that the plugin works in general but have not done
any extensive verification. However, there have been no large changes to
the code so I don't expect that there are any problems that haven't been
there for quite a while. If you find any bugs or other issues please report
these back to my email address for now. I will send out another email when
the new code hosting is set up and reporting of bugs is possible.

Enjoy.

Thomas