[Radiance-general] Daylight matrix - vu

Andrew McNeil amcneil at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 31 10:33:38 PDT 2014

Hi Vayia,

Unfortunately genBSDF assumes that the two apertures of your system are
parrallel and rectangular, so i don't think your light pipe BSDF will be
valid. Greg has written a new tool, rfluxmtx, that will allow you to
generate a coefficient matrix for a relationship between arbitrary
polygons. Your model is a good example of what wasn't possible before that
is enabled by the new tools.

Unfortunately there's not much documentation of rfluxmtx other than the man
page. I'm working on providing a three-phase simulation example using
rfluxmtx hopefully ready by the workshop in September.

Best,
Andy