[Radiance-general] Generate a daylight matrix for a skylight

Alejandro Pacheco Diéguez paxeco2205 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 03:08:35 PDT 2014

Hi!
I am trying to create a daylight matrix for a skylight on a horizontal roof following the three-step method tutorial and I get the following error message:
C:\Radiance\bin>genklemsamp -vd 0 0 1 aa_ape.rad | rcontrib -c 1000 -e MF:3 -f reinhart.cal -b rbin -bn Nrbins -m skymat -faf aa_octree.oct > aa_dmx.dmxvwright: view up parallel to view direction
*aa_ape.rad contains a horizontal rectagle placed over the exterior aperture of the skylight.
I am trying to understand the different options in rcontrib but it seems like I lack the knowledge to fully understand its description. Is there a more basic description that could help me understand it better? For example, I think I am supposed to describe the sky material somehow under -m but I am not sure how to do that. Also I don't understand the -e, the -b, -bn or the -faf options.
Thanks in advance,
Ale