[Radiance-general] DAYSIM: 0% Daylight Factor across all points

Thompson, Ross rt at cbgc.com
Wed Jul 16 02:52:18 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have previously used DAYSIM to produce some calculations. However the results are no longer repeatable.

Despite getting values for UDI and DA etc. all the daylight factors are now 0.

My suspicion is that the DAYSIM installation has clashed with a RADIANCE installation and the system paths are confused.

I have tried uninstalling everything and just reinstalling Daysim 3.1e.

This produces the following system paths:

PATH: ;C:\Daysim\bin_windows\;C:\Radiance\bin\;C:\DAYSIM

RAYPATH: ;C:\Daysim\lib\;.C:\Radiance\lib\;.

As C:\Daysim\lib is in RAYPATH, I can’t see what is causing the problem

Thanks for your help

Ross

Ross Thompson

Senior Sustainability & Energy Engineer

T: 01865 864500

Oxford:
South House
3 Farmoor Court
Cumnor Road
Oxford OX2 9LU
Phone: 01865 864500
Fax:  01865 864584
Email: oxf at cbgc.com<mailto:oxf at cbgc.com>

London:
Lector Court
151-153 Farringdon Road
London EC1R 3AF
Phone: 0207 833 8815
Fax: 0203 302 0050
Email: lon at cbgc.com<mailto:lon at cbgc.com>

For the latest CBG news visit www.cbgc.com<http://www.cbgc.com>         [cid:image28db7f.PNG at 81668ce8.45a0476b] <http://facebook.com/cbgconsultantsltd>  [cid:image77df6b.PNG at d88bd5ec.43a12340] <http://twitter.com/CBGConsultants>

CBG Consultants Ltd Registered No. 538 4147/VAT Registration No. 860 3120 63

[cid:image2ef2b6.PNG at a4132549.4ba7c0d9]

Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?

The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and not necessarily those of CBG Consultants.

The content of this email is private and may be confidential for the intended recipient only. If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and confirm that it has been deleted from your system and any copies destroyed. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it.

We use reasonable endeavours to virus scan all e-mails leaving the company but no warranty is given that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor e-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.