[Radiance-general] BRTDfunc

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Jan 9 15:44:02 PST 2014

Hi Sierd,

if all you need to model is a clear glass pane, do not use BRTDfunc but glass. That is an optimized modifier modeling transmission and reflection for thin glass panes surrounded by air (which is a function of the direction a ray is passing through).

BRTDfunc is meant to describe transmission and reflection using the mathematical description language of Radiance (see the cal-files coming in the library). It does not make sense to use it without any mathematical model.

Cheers, Lars.