[Radiance-general] vertical illuminance using Radiance

Hana Al-Jawder hana.al-jawder at sydney.edu.au
Mon Feb 17 23:03:03 PST 2014

Hi Greg, Vaib and all,

About my question, I asked earlier, here are more details about the problem.

I am doing daylight analysis for a room using Radiance with output showed in Ecotect, I have the drawing with all required details ( the latitude, longitude, weather data, time, date and surface materials and colour) I already did calculate all the illuminance points at 0.8m on the grid created in Ecotect and got the result I need. Know I need to calculate the vertical illuminance for similar point I have in the grid that just facing the window opening as I need these readings to calculate the glare index for room I am studying it.

The problem that I am no that expert in using radiance, so is there any simple tips can help me in solve this problem?

I do appreciate your help in this matter

Many thanks and best regards,

Hana