[Radiance-general] How to parse room dimensions from .rad model ?

Vaib vaibhavjain.co at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 14:08:22 PST 2014

getbbox will solve the issue at hand. Rooms/scenes are mostly right
rectangular prism; and also they are normally kept aligned with principal
axes, only the sky (if with sun) is rotated to change the North. I guess,
to rotate the sky instead of the scene must be preferred for modeling
architectural scenes in Radiance.

Further, just out of curiosity: getinfo -d foo.oct gives [Xmin, Ymin, Zmin,
Size] of the bounding cube (I guess cuboid too?). I couldn't figure what
does Size mean? Is it Xmax or Y/Zmax?

Thank you for your time!

Best regards,
Vaib