[Radiance-general] How to parse room dimensions from .rad model ?

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 09:47:47 PST 2014

Yes, let's keep this on the general mailing list.  The dev list is primarily for development/debugging issues.

The getbbox command will give you a tight box (right rectangular prism) on the entire scene, whereas oconv will report an enclosing cube.  However, this won't help you much if your space is non-rectangular or not axis-aligned.

A general tool for extracting the walls from a room is technically the 3-D convex hull problem.  There are programs out there to compute this, but I haven't played with them.

Best,
-Greg