[Radiance-general] preserving Radiance documentation

Chris Kallie kallie at umn.edu
Wed Feb 5 04:30:05 PST 2014

Fellow Renderers,

There are numerous documents that reference (read as: require)
information found in the rtcontrib lesson:
http://scholar.googleusercontent.com/scholar?q=cache:fOxLoeW5cFIJ:scholar.google.com/&hl=en&as_sdt=0,36

My suggested long-term solution is for the community to produce and
maintain a Radiance wiki, which would have avoided this unfortunate
dilemma. Here are two examples of wikis that I have enjoyed using and
learning from in my work and play:

1) The Blender Wiki: http://wiki.blender.org/
2) A video gamer's wiki: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion

Wikis solve many communication bottlenecks and dilemmas that we are
currently experiencing as a virtual community.

Sincerely,
Chris