[Radiance-general] Reg. evaluating Radiance results

Vaib vaibhavjain.co at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 00:03:35 PST 2014

Happy Monday everyone, Dr. Greg,

In a few days I will be evaluating my Radiance model with measurement
data (illuminance values). Can you please recommend some
guidelines/best-practices/research-papers that have conducted
such quantitative analysis, and came out with some methodologies for model
calibration, and their confidence intervals. My university had "Rendering
with Radiance", that could have been a good starter, but somehow it has
mysteriously gone missing. It has become a rare book, if I guess right. :)

My experiment will be a controlled one, in which only the lights will be
turned On or Off and I will check their influence on results. The major
factor for anomalies could be from Sky, as initially I will be using Gensky
as the sky model.

I look forward for your suggestions. Thank you!

Best regards,
Vaib