[Radiance-general] Three phase method

Andrew McNeil amcneil at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 20 18:14:43 PDT 2014

Hi Vayia,

You should consider using the new rfluxmtx to generate a transmission
matrix for your lightpipe the resulting matrix won't be in a BSDF XML file
format, but I don't think you need that format anyway. One benefit is you
can specify any geometry for the entrance and exit (genBSDF requires
parallel, rectangular ports).

A general (untested) approach is below.

Finally, I'm not sure what you mean by two different parallel BSDFs. Can
you elaborate?

Best,
Andy

insideport.rad:
#@rfluxmtx h=fk u=Y
materials & geometry

outsideport.rad:
#@rfluxmtx h=fk u=Y
materials & geometry

sky.rad:
#@rfluxmtx h=u u=Y
ground hemisphere
#@rfluxmtx h=r1 uY
sky hemisphere

cat sensorpoints.txt | \
rfluxmtx -faa -ab 12 -ad 50000 -lw 2e-5  -I \
 -y `wc -l < numeric/Space_1.map` \
 -  insideport.rad \
 materials.rad model.rad > view.mtx

rfluxmtx -ab 12 -ad 5000 -lw 2e-5 insideport.rad outsideport.rad \
 materials.rad model.rad > lightpipe.mtx

rfulxmtx -ab 2 -ad 1000 -lw 1e-3 outsideport.rad sky.rad \
 materials.rad model.rad > daylight.mtx

rmtxop view.mtx lightpipe.mtx daylight.mtx > dcoef.mtx

dctimestep dcoef.mtx sky.mtx > illuminance.txt