[Radiance-general] Three phase method

Vayia V vaia13 at msn.com
Wed Aug 20 04:46:34 PDT 2014

Hello all,
I have some more questions regarding the three phase method,
I understand that I cannot simulate bending pipes with the genbsdf. However I also need to simulate straight pipes that I think is able to be done.
My question is if I need to specify the depth of the pipe somehow in any of the steps at the three phase method and how to do that.
The way I create the geometry used at the daylight matrix and view matrix (meaning the two ends of the pipe) are in the "proper distance". But is this the correct way to do it (?) or the "entrance" of the pipe at the view matrix should be at the same position as the "exit" of the pipe at the daylight matrix (?) and then I specify the length of the pipe (that the "light" will travel through the pipe) between the "entrance" and "exit"? I suppose that maybe this way I could generate one bsdf of a long pipe and then use it for different length of pipes?
Another question that I have is if I can use two different parallel BSDFs on one simulation.
Thank you in advance,
Vayia