[Radiance-general] rcollate troubles in Five-Phase CFS tutorial

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 11:02:14 PDT 2014

Hi Chris,

I think the answer to your question is 'yes,' but you probably want something more specific.  Unfortunately, I don't understand your format well enough from your description, so it's difficult for me to instruct you.  If your 6 points each have 3 values for RGB and you just want to arrange them into rows that look like this (ignore labels before the colon):

hour1:	R1 G1 B1 R2 G2 B2 R3 G3 B3 R4 G4 B4 R5 G5 B5 R6 G6 B6
hour2:	R1 G1 B1 R2 G2 B2 R3 G3 B3 R4 G4 B4 R5 G5 B5 R6 G6 B6
hour8760:		R1 G1 B1 R2 G2 B2 R3 G3 B3 R4 G4 B4 R5 G5 B5 R6 G6 B6

This can be achieved with a simple rcollate command, here assuming no header:

	rcollate -h -oc 6 input.txt > output.txt

If instead, your input is ordered with 8760 RGB values for sensor 1, followed by 8760 RGB values for sensor 2, etc., you'll need to transpose using:

	rcollate -h -ic 8760 -ir 6 -t input.txt > output.txt

I hope this is clear enough, but I realize it's confusing.

-Greg