[Radiance-general] Experience implementing gendaylit with physical inputs (-G: direct - horizontal irradiance and diffuse - horizontal irradiance)

Ehsan M.Vazifeh em.vazifeh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 00:57:52 PDT 2014

HI Kyle,

If you are using a shadow ring to get the diffuse horizontal irradiance you
have to adjust the sliding bar manually around 1 or two times a week
regarding to the documentation. below you will find the link to the Manual
for the shadow ring of Kipp & Zonen.

http://www.kippzonen.com/Download/46/CM-121-B-C-Shadow-Ring-Manual?ShowInfo=true

also, to calculate the direct simply use this formula:

Direct normal irradiance=((Global horizontal irradiance)-(Diffuse
horizontal irradiance))/sin(sun altitude)

Cheers,
Ehsan