[Radiance-general] Experience implementing gendaylit with physical inputs (-G: direct - horizontal irradiance and diffuse - horizontal irradiance)

Axel Jacobs jacobs.axel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 00:10:53 PDT 2014

Hi Kyle,

check out the SPN1 and BF5 from Delta-T:

http://www.delta-t.co.uk/product-category.asp?div=Meteorology%20and%20Solar

Very neat, but I have not used them myself.

If you prefer to use two instruments and shading ring instead, you'll
need to correct for the shading ring:

Rawlins F, Readings CJ (1986) The shade ring correction for measurements
of diffuse irradiance under clear skies. Solar Energy 37:407–416

Steven MD, Unsworth MH (1980) Shade-ring corrections for pyranometer
measurements of diffuse solar radiation from cloudless skies. Quart J
Royal Meteorol Soc 106:865–872

Painter HE (1981) The shade ring correction factor for diffuse
irradiance measurements. Solar Energy 26:361–363

Regards

Axel