[Radiance-general] Tone mapping for animation

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Tue Oct 22 07:05:15 PDT 2013

Hi David,

I am a little unclear on what you want to accomplish but here are a few
thoughts.

 1. time series animation with constant exposure on successive frames -
    use pfilt -1 -e [constant exposure setting] for each frame
 2. time series animation with tone mapping function on successive
    frames - use pcond and phisto, phisto will compute a histogram
    across a series of frames pcond can then use the results from phisto
    to tone map the frames according to selected tone mapping operator,
    there is a an example in the man page for pcond

I think that maybe where I am confused by your description is that since
Radiance output is already HDR, setting exposure is really a post
process. I think that what you are looking for is the second option that
I describe above.

Not sure if this answers your questions, but perhaps gives you some
things to look into.

Best,

-Jack

--
Jack de Valpine
President

Visarc Incorporated
www.visarc.com

channeling technology for superior design and construction