[Radiance-general] Fwd: Radiance - validation challenge

David Geisler-Moroder david.moroder at gmail.com
Fri May 10 00:15:28 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I did a validation against the test cases in chapter 5 (test cases with
analytical references) of CIE 171:2006 about 2 years ago for an internal
evaluation. The report that contains the results is all in german, however,
the numbers are "international" :-). So together with the results from
chapter 4 (experimental test cases; I presented parts of them at the
workshop in 2008, the overall chapter 4 results are in my thesis) I should
have results for all test cases in the CIE report.
There should be some more proposals for test cases in chapter 6 of CIE 171,
however, if I remember right they are somewhat unclear and not properly
specified.

Greg, I will send you the report off-list, and if necessary can also take
some time to translate it...

Best,
David

Dipl.-Ing. Dr. David Geisler-Moroder