[Radiance-general] Strange halo artifact in rendering

Mark Stock mstock at umich.edu
Fri Mar 15 09:46:27 PDT 2013

That doesn't sit well with me. I do want the ambient calculation, but "-aa
0" is supposed to turn caching off---or run a fresh new hemisphere
sampling for every image pixel (assuming -ps 1). So why would it
interpolate from some brighter ambient point in the dark area *under the
frame* instead of probing outward for the incident light? Ambient
resolution should have no part of that.