[Radiance-general] ambient occlusion map ?

Brajesh Lal brajeshlal at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 15 06:03:33 PDT 2013

Hi

I wanted to make ambient occlusion map of the scene.....
what i did is

1. Perfectly black plastic material for avoid interreflection
2. define glow color to surface.
3. and a surface light source  pointing straight up
4. used rpict with -i for irradiance map and set set ambient bounce to 0;

e.g.

void plastic meshmaterial
 0
 0
 5 0.0 0.0 0.0 0 0

void glow irrad
0
0
4  0.4   0.4  0 .4   0

irrad source irradsphere
0
0
4 0 0 1 180.0

# Mesh details ......all are using meshmaterial

when i render then rendered image does not show any scene (i.e. black scene image) ??
What i am missing  conceptually ??

My camera position is correct as i get other maps such as depth or normal map correct.

Best Regards,     Brajesh Lal