[Radiance-general] gendaymtx

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 16:53:51 PST 2013

Hi Galen,

Thanks for trying this out.  I assume the '|' symbol in your e-mail is just a stray character, otherwise you would get an error trying to execute this.

I hadn't tested this mode before with a simple daylight coefficient matrix, but it seems to work OK.  Are you sure your "daylightcoeffs.dc" file has an appropriate header to it?  The dctimestep command expects the file to start something like:

#?RADIANCE
Test matrix
FORMAT=ascii

0.954473516	0.443845774	0.2058499
0.64873052	0.152509289	0.862083965

Binary files will have "FORMAT=float" or suchlike, instead.  On the other hand, the sky vector or matrix file is not expected to have a header.  A bit peculiar, I know, but this is how things worked out.  Your gendaymtx has the appropriate number of lines, 876*146 plus 146 blank lines separating each sky patch row.

Cheers,
-Greg