[Radiance-general] gendaymtx

Galen Burrell Galen.Burrell at arup.com
Mon Mar 4 16:11:50 PST 2013

Pretty excited about the new 'gendaymtx' binary over here!

Hit a bit of a stumbling block on my first trial run, however.
When I feed it an 8760 hour weather tape, it produces a file that is 3 columns wide (R G B radiance) x 1279105 rows (which seems to correlate to 8760 x 146 sky patches...almost?).  Instead of adding 3 columns for each time step, it appears to be appending each time step to the end of the file.  This creates a problem when I try to run dctimestep, which gives me a "system- header read error".

My commands are something like this:

epw2wea tacoma.epw  tacoma.wea
rtcontrib -h- -faa -V+ -b tbin -bn 146 -m skyglow -f tregenza.cal < test.pts ${options} test.oct > daylightcoeffs.dc
gendaymtx -m 1 -r -90 weather/tacoma.wea > weather/tacoma.smx
| dctimestep -n 8760 daylightcoeffs.dc weather/tacoma.smx > test_illuminance.dat

Thanks for any insight on this nifty new tool.