[Radiance-general] pcond stdin

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 10:28:18 PDT 2013

I thought this discussion was on radiance-dev.  How did it migrate here?

In any case, we were talking about inline commands in Radiance scene descriptions, not regular Radiance commands.

It is true that pcond likes to be given its file argument.  That's because it reads the file twice.  Your set of commands could be simplified by:

rpict scene.oct | pfilt -1 -x /2 -y /2 > temp.hdr
pcond -s temp.hdr | ra_ppm | convert ...

The "-1" option of pfilt avoids making two passes on the input to determine exposure, which pcond overrides, anyway.

Cheers,
-Greg