[Radiance-general] gensky sky type

Jia Hu hujia06 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 21:20:01 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am using gendaylit with input from weather file. During sunrise and
sunset, gendaylit shows "ERROR: Model parameters out of range".   so I plan
to use gensky to generate the sky model (-B b -R r), where b and r are
calculated by "illumiance/179". However,  I found the illuminance value at
5 pm (calculated using gensky with default sky type) jumps a lot from illum
at 4 pm (calculated using gendaylit). I changed the sky type to +i, which
decreases values.  My question is that how I should choose the sky type for
gensky to avoid big change from gendaylit?

Thanks

JH