[Radiance-general] genklemsamp.pl error on Windows

Mostapha Sadeghipour sadeghipour at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 12:38:59 PDT 2013

So the problem with the code was $ENV{'TMP'} returns a HASH and Windows
couldn't create the temp folder. I assigned "c:\temp" as the temporary
folder so the code creates the temp folder however it cannot execute the
xform command later.

system "xform -m void @ARGV | oconv - > $td/surf.oct";

I tested it on Windows7 and Windows8 and I assume it is a permission issue
since if I type the same command in the command line, it just works fine
and creates surf.oct in the folder (attached!).

I think if I can find a way to run the commands in an elevated mode from
the Perl script, and modify all (system "do something") lines, then the
script should work just fine in Windows.

Mostapha

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Mostapha Sadeghipour <sadeghipour at gmail.com