[Radiance-general] genklemsamp.pl error on Windows

Mostapha Sadeghipour sadeghipour at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 10:35:33 PDT 2013

Hi Thomas and Rob,

Thank you Thomas for the reply. Here is the result:

Global symbol "$tmploc" requires explicit package name at C:\Radiance\bin\
genklemsamp.pl line 75.
Global symbol "$tmploc" requires explicit package name at C:\Radiance\bin\
genklemsamp.pl line 76.
Execution of C:\Radiance\bin\genklemsamp.pl aborted due to compilation
errors.

I tried to solve the proble by adding "my $tmploc;" outside the block but
it then is giving me a similar error to what I had yesterday. I also tried
to change the location to c:\\temp to make sure it is not a permission
issue:

if ($windoz) {
    my $tmploc;
    if (exists $ENV{'TMP'}) {
        my $tmploc = $ENV{'TMP'};
    } else {
        my $tmploc = "C:\\Temp";
    }
    chomp($tmploc);

Here is the error again (line 76 is the last line in the code:
"chomp($tmploc);")

Use of uninitialized value $tmploc in scalar chomp at C:\Radiance\bin\
genklemsamp.pl line 76.
Use of uninitialized value $tmploc in concatenation (.) or string at
C:\Radiance\bin\genklemsamp.pl line 77.
Can't spawn "cmd.exe": No such file or directory at C:\Radiance\bin\
genklemsamp.pl line 107.
Use of uninitialized value in split at C:\Radiance\bin\genklemsamp.pl line
115.
Use of uninitialized value $bcube[3] in multiplication (*) at
C:\Radiance\bin\genklemsamp.pl line 116.
Use of uninitialized value $bcube[3] in division (/) at C:\Radiance\bin\
genklemsamp.pl line 118.
Use of uninitialized value in addition (+) at
C:\Radiance\bin\genklemsamp.plline 118.
Use of uninitialized value $bcube[3] in division (/) at C:\Radiance\bin\
genklemsamp.pl line 118.
Use of uninitialized value in addition (+) at
C:\Radiance\bin\genklemsamp.plline 118.
Use of uninitialized value $bcube[3] in division (/) at C:\Radiance\bin\
genklemsamp.pl line 118.
Use of uninitialized value in addition (+) at
C:\Radiance\bin\genklemsamp.plline 118.
vwright: illegal horizontal view size
Illegal division by zero at C:\Radiance\bin\genklemsamp.pl line 123.