[Radiance-general] Gendaylit Visible radiation

Julien Boutillier boutillier at estia.ch
Thu Jan 31 02:56:15 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

I 'm using gendaylit function to generate sky with visible spectrum only. I introduce horizontal direct irradiance and horizontal diffuse irradiance (-G parameter) which are computed from horizontal global irradiance (meteo data : full spectrum).

I don't understand why sky irrandiance in Radiance is approximatively 60% of horizontal global irradiance. In my mind, the visible spectrum is approximatively 40-45% of full spectrum, is it wrong?

Example gendaylit command :

	gendaylit 6 21 12:00GMT -a 46.51 -o -6.56 -m -15 -G 500 200

Thanks for your answer.

Cheers
Julien