[Radiance-general] Trans material

Martin Vraa Nielsen martinvraa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 01:49:49 PST 2013

Hi all,

Thank you all for your help - is was very beneficial.

You were right that it appears to be "perfectly" diffused when considering
luminance. However, just for future references, isn't it possible to
evaluate the illuminance incident on a surface with trans or glass material
applied?
Greg: with respect to the -i rendering option or not, I must admit I simply
do not know enough to have a sufficient grasp on this. As I read it from
the manual -i basically determined if you consider radiance or irradiance
and therefore subsequently if you consider illuminance or luminance. Do I
understand that correctly?

Sorry for all the potential trivial and basic questions and thank you for
taking the time to answer them!

--
Best regards,

*Martin Vraa Nielsen*