[Radiance-general] Trans material

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Jan 22 08:19:48 PST 2013

Hi Martin!

First, it would help to know whether you experience this with luminance maps, too.

For illluminance/irradiance any transmissive surface is tricky, as the observer may expect different results.

What -ab setting do you use? -ab <3 would only let the specular transmission trough your multilayer diffuser, if I am not completely wrong... And that should make it appear like a dark (+ reflection) clear glass? I never tried this kind of stacking.

Cheers, Lars.