[Radiance-general] Trans material

Martin Vraa Nielsen martinvraa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 06:03:29 PST 2013

Hi all,

Hope I am getting how this works right...

The question regarding the Trans material previously posted by Per was
basically posted on my behalf and therefore I will take the liberty to just
build upon that thread.

With respect to the difference between generating illuminance and luminance
pictures you of course have a very valid point. However, I am simulating a
model with three layers of Trans material and I would expect that your view
from inside and outwards even when considering illuminance levels would be
diffused (being filtered through three layers) ? Maybe I am missing
something?
What happens in between layers of Trans material (inter-reflections
etc.) and what are the internal surface properties?

Thank you for all you help so far!

--
Best regards,

*Martin*