[Radiance-general] Desktop radiance Glare Analysis: Pcond

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Feb 27 02:11:57 PST 2013

Hi Ann,

first, Desktop Radiance is unsupported and has not been updated for
ages. Avoid using it, there are better, supported software around based
on current versions of Radiance.

Second, glare analysis is based on the pixel values. Thus I would not
adjust anything in images that are supposed to be used for analysis. To
make sure that you are working with original pixel values, use pcomb -o
: pcomb -o filtered.hdr > raw.hdr and use raw.hdr as input for all your
analysis.

But: Images generated by pcond -h can NOT be used for such analysis, and
as far as I know, there is no way to revert the changes made to the
pixel values. The idea behind pcond -h is to give a visual impression
what an scene would be perceived like by a human observer, which
requires changes to the pixel values beyond exposure settings.

Cheers, Lars.